Friday, May 20, 2011

Southern Spirit Guide to Haunted Southern Theatres

In preparation for more theatre coverage, here's a guide to the theatres I have already covered.

Abbeville Opera House, Abbeville, South Carolina
Alabama Theatre, Birmingham, Alabama
Alumni Memorial Building, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
Auburn University Chapel, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
Bijou Theatre, Knoxville, Tennessee
City Auditorium, Macon, Georgia
Grand Opera House, Meridian, Mississippi
Louisville Palace Theatre, Louisville, Kentucky
Maryland Theatre, Hagerstown, Maryland
Mountainside Theatre, Cherokee, North Carolina
Old Playmakers Theatre, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, Tennessee
Paramount Arts Center, Ashland, Kentucky
Van Meter Auditorium, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Pearce Auditorium, Brenau University, Gainesville, Georgia
Princess Theatre, Columbus, Mississippi

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I'm linking this on my Haunted Places page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a movie theater (second run), but the Byrd Theater is haunted. It is in Richmond, Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE to go to the Springer Opera House in Columbus, GA

    sooooo haunted, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was coming here to write exactly what Kristen said, you MUST go to the Springer Opera House in Columbus. The ladies in the costume room have many wonderful stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Actually, I've worked at the Springer and was the contributing editor on a history of the theatre. I'm very well acquainted with the Springer and I do have it on my list of places to write about. I have a few of my own stories about the place. :-)

    ReplyDelete